Jesuit Refugee Service Malta needs considerable resources to be able to provide free professional services as well as humanitarian assistance. We are grateful to our benefactors and donors who understand and support our mission to accompany, serve and defend refugees and forcibly displaced people.
You may choose to support any of the following funds by scrolling down and filling in the form below:
1. Communities of Hospitality
- Through this project we will work with 8-10 Christian communities/religious congregations to create a ‘community of hospitality’ by welcoming and supporting one or more refugees in need, and providing hospitality - which could include accommodation - friendship and support.
2. Hardship Fund
- Provision of timely limited financial assistance to vulnerable migrants and those in extreme need without any other means of support (rent, medicines, living - or rather ‘survival' expenses).
3. Legal Assistance and Advocacy Project
- Direct provision of professional legal assistance and information to individuals in detention centres or at our offices
- Defending Human Rights
- Payment of legal costs connected with court action
4. Social Work Services
- Identification of vulnerable asylum seekers in detention centres as well as in the community
- Provision of individual follow-up, including limited healthcare and psychological support
5. School Outreach Programme
- Creating opportunities for Maltese young people to meet refugees and listen to their stories - the reasons why they left and the problems they faced both on their journey and where they sought refuge
- Promoting understanding of the universality of human rights and Malta's obligation to offer protection to those who need it
- Fostering a culture of peace and reconciliation.
6. General Operations
- Operational costs for our busy office and outreach services
- Telephone calls to countries of origin to assist asylum seekers with the procurement of documents
- Publishing and printing information material
7. Or you can let us decide where the need is greatest.
The money of each of these funds is used exclusively for the purpose of that fund.
If you would like to support any of the above funds, please fill the form below to make a secure donation online, or you may also choose to go postal.
For postal donations please send a cheque enclosed with the Postal Donation Form to the address below (kindly address cheques to 'Jesuit Refugee Service'):
Jesuit Refugee Service - Malta
St. Aloysius’ Sports Complex
50 Triq ix-Xorrox
Birkirkara BKR 1631, MALTA
Online donations may be made with a maximum of €100 per transaction. For online donations please fill in the form below:
This site secures your information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
All transactions are secured using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology with high
security 128bit encryption, certified by a reputable authority.
The Jesuits of the Maltese Province take your personal privacy very seriously. Because
we value our donor relationship with you, we do not sell, rent or trade donor information
with any outsiders. We have put organizational and technological safeguards in place
to insure the confidentiality of our donor information. The information we record
is designed to assist our donors in substantiating charitable contributions for
income tax purposes and for proper accounting of gifts made to the Jesuits and to
certain apostolates or missionaries.